TOTAL COST TO DATE

Total Cost to Date: $ 14,839.53
Total Hours to Date: 33
Total last updated 04-03-11


Thursday, February 3, 2011

a slight update

That bamboo...

We have failed to mention that on bamboo day two we discovered that Harris has an extreme immunological response to the fibery things in bamboo. This means that the majority of lopping, cutting, hacking, and moving has fallen to Natalie.

Great.

I truly enjoy it though, so it's not a big deal. It's rather relaxing if you can believe it. I lop, chop, move, and chat with the people in the group home next door. They are not quite convinced yet that I (and Harris) own the house and lot nor that we don't need any help with any odd jobs yet.

Tomorrow TROSA will be coming to haul off all of the bamboo, brush, and limbs that we've managed to cut down in the past month. While I know that the lot will still look like crap, for some reason I've got this Disney Miracle (tm) image in my head that suddenly our lot will be picnic clean after they leave!

It won't. I know. You can all say you told me so.
We've got to blow all of the detritus and leaves into...something...right now the plan is the bottom most corner of the lot that has ivy on top of it. Maybe the droppings of the bamboo will suffocate the ivy as they decompose?


Before and after pictures posted...after. Yeah.

The girl child celebrates her birthday this weekend so work will be minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment